Your gifts of nonperishable food to SPAN make a difference in many of our neighbors’ lives. Without your help, many local families might otherwise go hungry. If you or your club, business or organization or even your neighborhood, would like to organize a food drive to benefit SPAN, contact us at 410 647-0889, or email [email protected].
We also love to receive perishable food, like fresh produce, baked goods, dairy products, frozen meat, and more. Because these types of foods require freezing or refrigeration, we ask that you bring them by during our office hours of 10-1:30, Monday through Thursday. If this is not convenient for you, please email us at [email protected] and we will find alternate arrangements!
Non-food items are always welcome and appreciated. We accept diapers and baby supplies, feminine hygiene products, soap, toothpaste, laundry detergent, deodorant, toothbrushes and toothpaste, mouthwash, razors, shaving cream, and household products.
How you can help:
- Include SPAN in your weekly shopping and deliver the donations to SPAN
- Present your offering of food in church. Most partner churches have collection baskets for SPAN on site. There are also collection sites at the Severna Park Library and the Severna Park Community Center.
- Sponsor a food drive for SPAN. This can be done through sports teams, schools, businesses, communities/neighborhoods or local clubs.
- Make a financial donation. This will go into our general fund, which is used to help clients with court-ordered evictions, utility cutoffs and medical copays.
Items we can always use:
- Canned Meats (sausages, tuna, beef stew, chili, Spam, etc.)
- Pancake Mix and Pancake Syrup
- Canned Fruit
- Snack Food
- Potato mixes: mashed, scalloped, au gratin.
- Stuffing mix
- Muffin and Bread Mixes
- Toiletries: shampoo, deodorant, feminine hygiene products
- Laundry Detergent
- Water Bottles (for volunteers and for clients whose water has been turned off)